Friday, September 22, 2006

Hospital hell

Had an appointment this morning for a consultant to do an ultrasound on my shoulder. It was at the Heath – University Hospital Wales in Cardiff.

Appointment was at 10:30, so naturally I’m still waiting at 11:00. It gave me some time to get a glimpse of a system teetering on the brink of complete collapse. A guy in front of me asks why he’s had to wait since 9:30, and this starts off a discussion amongst receptionists and staff as to whether the consultant is actually in the building.

Generally the receptionists answer to any question is “I don’t know”. Which she has to use on a regular basis. The only thing she was sure of was that she wanted “two toasts with butter, love” to a colleague on the phone whilst another patient stood patiently waiting to be “receptioned” (their word, not mine).

One yoof in the waiting room had a nasty case of chavitis – pink burberry baseball cap & fully be-Burtoned. Oh, and the average age of mums-to-be waiting for their ultrasounds – about 17.

Fantasy Football Notes

I had a good fantasy football win last weekend on the back of a good performance from LaDamien Tomlinson and an overtime TD catch from Plaxico Burress.

This week I’m hit by some players on their bye week (especially LT) so I think that I’m struggling to keep my unbeaten streak alive.

No comments: