Friday, December 29, 2006

Ho Ho Ho

Had a very peaceful and relaxing Crimbo. Hope that you all did too.

Music Notes

Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without Merry Xmas Everybody and Fairytale of New York. Throw in a bit of Bing and a few carols and there’s a Crimbo to warm the cockles of your heart.

I have now entered the hi-tech music world. I’ve now got an iPod nano (yep, it was a CP). I’m now furiously copying my CDs onto my iPod and downloading podcasts from iTunes.

Xmas Decoration Notes

Driving around the area over Christmas has been livened up by the Xmas deccies a lot of houses have put up. The most over-the-top decoration I saw this year was a six foot inflatable Homer Simpson Santa in a garden in Trelewis. Marvellous.

Restaurant Notes

Revisited the Nant Ddu Lodge near Merthyr on Christmas Eve. Again, very welcoming and attentive staff, good food and even a chance of celebrity spotting. Julien Macdonald, probably Merthyr’s only celeb, was there having lunch with his family. (Does that cout as a crap spot, or what?)

Rugby Notes

One of the scandals of the rugby fixture list is that there is a blank Saturday right before Christmas. Instead the round of games were scheduled for Boxing Day. Ebbw Vale duly travelled to Llandovery and came away with a 13-9 win.

I wasn’t there, but there are fulsome reports on the Ebbw Vale RFC site and the Ebbw Vale supporters’ forum.

Fantasy NFL Notes

Won the Championship game in my fantasy league. It was a real nailer-biter. I won out 76-75 over the hateable Colts Rule. My team selection was way off as a left 25 points on the bench, and it came down to a late TD by SF’s Frank Gore and last minute scramble by Dallas QB Tony Romo to get me the winning points.

No comments: