Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wedding Notes

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything meaningful on the blog. But a rainy Bank Holiday Sunday at the caravan at the Gwalia Falls site in Tresaith finally gave me the chance to type some scribbles from the last month.

A lot has been happening in the past few weeks, not least of which was the small matter of getting married and we are now Mr Martin Veale and Mrs Cath Janes.

Saturday 28 April was the date when Cath and I tied the knot at the Peterstone Court Hotel near Brecon. And a wonderful day it was. The sun shone, the hotel did a great job of getting us organised, the registrar Cheryl King was excellent and everyone entered into the spirit of the occasion. I’m told that there were a few moist eyes amongst our gathered friends and family. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and the day went without a hitch.

The tone for the evening was set when Karl O decided to go skinny-dipping in the hotel pool. The evening’s party was a big success, aided and abetted by ChocIce, probably the best cabaret band in the world.

Many thanks to all our friends and family who joined us at the wedding and helped make it such a special day. And big thanks to everyone for the cards and gifts that we received. We also managed to raise several hundred pounds for our nominated charities Mind and the Hospice of the Valleys.

Lots more pictures from the day will be posted on my Flickr photo site in the days and weeks to come. If anyone has any good pictures (or bad ones) of the day please send them to me and I will add them to the site. As you can see, there were quite a few taken.

Our Vows

Cath, you make me happier than I ever thought I could be. You make me feel complete. You make me laugh like no one else can. You make me stop and appreciate the world around us. You make me happy, you make me sad. You make me think, you make me feel. You make me do the washing and the cooking. But most of all, Cath, you make me.

Martin, you make me bogglingly happy and you make me hoot with laughter. You make me look forward to coming home and make me smile when I least expect it. You make me forget whatever I was doing before you came along and you make me as sensible as you make me daft. You even make filling the dishwasher fun. But most of all, Martin, you make me.

We promise that, through the good times and the bad, our life together will be filled with laughter, hope and surprises. From today we promise that we will grow old together but never grow up.

No comments: