Monday, July 19, 2010

Cricket Notes

I watched quite a bit of the Twenty20 competetion this year after Janesy bought me a Twenty20 season ticket as a birthday pressie.

After a good start Glamorgan fell away badly, and had to rely on Mark Cosgrove and Tom Maynard to get runs. Crofty was as good as ever and in James Harris Glammy have a potential England player.

Shaun Tait. Oh dear. Didn't seem overly bothered, and he showed he was a force to be reckoned with when he turned out for Australia. The only time he looked quick was when Trescothick and Keiswetter started hitting everything. Tait wound himself up and was so fast that Cosgrove at slip was outside the 30 yard circle.

Shot of the tournament thus far was Trescothick hitting Tait out of the ground with a top edge over third man. Cosgrove hitting the window above the scoreboard comes a close second.

Watching it person has spurred me to watch a bit of neutral Twenty20 on Sky, and I will try to make time to watch the quarter finals at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Eye Jay said...

For those who know me as Janesy, can I point out that I expect it was Martin's wife who bought him the ticket.

Even though Martin's a good bloke. it's unlikely that my prudence would permit such a purchase.