Thursday, April 26, 2007

Prenuptial blog

Last blog as a bachelor. Because of a certain wedding and honeymoon there will be a break in transmission for a few weeks.

Rugby News

After leading the table for several weeks, it’s finally beyond us. Ebbw Vale are not going to win the Principality Premiership this season. The best we can hope for is second place, even if we win our last game of the season. On Saturday (after a three week layoff) we are at home to Llanelli. I’ll be at my own match at the Peterstone Court Hotel

Cricket Notes

The fixtures for the Haddocks have been published as we start our campaign to avoid relegation. We fortunately sneaked promotion into Division 2 in 2006, and this year I’m sure will be more in line with the club’s motto of “aspire to mediocrity”.

The fixtures can be found on the Cardiff Midweek Cricket League website.

Useless Link of the Week

If you’ve ever wanted your own gangland nickname, then here’s the website for you. Enter your name and it selects a gangster nickname for you.

Worst Lyrics?

The Times had an article about some of the worst pop lyrics even written. Here’s just a taster:

“I know that I must do what’s right/ Sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti.”
Toto’s Africa

“Slowly walking down the hall/ Faster than a cannonball.”
Oasis’s Champagne Supernova

“What a drag it is/ The shape I’m in/ Well I go out somewhere/ Then I come home again.”
Razorlight’s America

“He starts to shake and cough/ Just like the old man in/ That book by Nabokov”
Police’s Don’t Stand so Close to Me

“Gonna write a classic/ Gonna write it in an attic/ Boy I'm an addict/ An addict for your love.”
Adrian Gurvitz’s Classic

"He caught a plane and he got on it".
Mink DeVille's Spanish Stroll

“And fiery demons all dance when you walk through that door/ Don't say you're easy on me, you're about as easy as a nuclear war."
Duran Duran’s Is There Something I Should Know?

"I don't want to see a ghost/ It's the sight that I fear most/ I'd rather have a piece of toast."
Des'ree’s Life

No comments: