Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Ava's Diary

Lots to catch up with. A few weeks ago I spent some time down at our caravan with mam and dad; one of the few nicer weeks all summer. They tell me that it doesn’t rain every summer. I’m not convinced.

I went to see a local sheepdog trail at, appropriately, St Dogmaels. Anyway, the result was that the sheep won. There wasn’t a single dog and owner that could round up the sheep and get them into the pen. Most of the time the sheep stood around biding their time before making a bid for freedom. Sometimes through the fence and into the next field. It was great fun.

The next day we went on the Teifi Valley steam railway at Henllan, pictured. I waved to the trains and had a great time.

I had my first trip to a ‘soft play’ indoor play centre, Teifi Mania. It was a rainy day. And it was chaos. I had great fun though, climbing up some big steps and sliding down the slide, and I played in the ball pit. I was only allowed to go in the toddlers’ area though.

On the way back to the caravan after a day in Newport (Dyfed, not Gwent), and guided only by a brown tourist sign, we went to visit Penlan Uchaf Gardens which, officially, are in the middle of nowhere. After miles on single track roads leading up the hillside and with no signs of civilisation, suddenly the farm appears, like the Lost Gardens of Heligan. With the wind blowing hard, and the gardens being on the side of the Presili mountains, I spent far too much time falling over.

I spent some time on Penbryn beach, but the wind was blowing so hard it was like being sand-blasted.

No comments: