Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ava's diary

Just a quick update to let you know that not only am I typing, I’m talking.

I’ve been babbling the usual ma-ma-ma and da-da-da stuff at mam and dad (and everything else too) for a while now. But on Monday night I said my first proper words.

I was sitting in the bathtub playing with my Winnie the Pooh toy, as you do. Dad passed me Piglet and I said “thank you”. To prove it wasn’t a fluke I did it again when mam gave me Tigger.

Now, of course, it’s a game: everyone hold out their hands and when I hand the toy, brick, spoon over they say “thank you”, then they give it back to me and expect me to do the same. Well, sometimes I do just to humour them but, frankly, I’m not a performing seal.

Oh, and in other news I slept last night on all fours with my bum sticking up in the air.

The photo is me with grandpa Frank and nanna Irene from Saturday’s birthday trip to Peterstone Court.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Ava! Your cousin Robert's first word was "Tigger" abd Emma's was "Stuck!". Your first words are definitely more useful in general conversation.

Anonymous said...

sleeping on all fours hey Ava we will get you crawling soon at that rate sarah