Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year Notes

Wow, what a year 2008 was. The birth of Ava changed so much stuff in my life. I always wondered where the time went, but now it’s a whole new level of crazy. To quote my friend Lynne’s blog “It feels like someone has hit the fast forward button on my life and it won’t slow down.”

Trying to fit everything in has been just about impossible. Trying to balance wanting to spend far more time at home with work pressures (being without a boss for most of the year has piled on extra work), responsibilities with South Wales Probation Trust and volunteering with Groundwork Caerphilly. On top of that, late last year my tenants at Canterbury Road stopped paying their rent and the turfing them out and finding new tenants took ages.

The usual thing is to make New Year resolutions and then let them fall by the wayside after a few weeks. So, I’m not going to be overly ambitious with my resolutions. Here goes:

  • To continue to enjoy being with my family and watching Ava grow up before my eyes.
  • To be more realistic with my time management, which probably means saying ‘no’ a bit more often.
  • To get back to doing some running.
  • To be happy.
  • And to keep this blog more up to date!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty ambitious resolution list.I'd just do the first one if I were you. Either that or the "just say no" one.

I love that photo by the way. One of you looks really cute...