Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ava's diary

It’s been a while since my last post here on dad’s blog, so lots to catch up on.

As you can see, I’m still loving bathtime. I lie back and kick my legs as hard as I can. Dad has to hold on to me and so is in the firing line for a soaking every time.

My crawling is now up to Olympic standard, and I’m starting to explore all over the house. Its funny how mam and dad move stuff out of the way as soon as I get anywhere near. I’m starting to hear them say “no” a lot too. But I just smile and carry on regardless.

This morning while dad was getting ready to go to work, I crawled from my bedroom onto the landing. The stairgate was closed so my escape was foiled. So I had to occupy myself by throwing anything I could get hold of through the bars in the stairgate and down the stairs. Empty bottles, toys, whatever.

My new trick is standing up. I have to cling on to chairs, tables, anything I can grab to get me upright. But then I’m stuck as I don’t know how to walk and I don’t know how to sit down. So I usually end up crying until someone comes to my rescue.

There’s been a new intake at the crèche, and some new babies have arrived. As an old hand now I’ve been showing them the ropes.

On the weekend I went with mam, dad, nanna Irene and grandpa Frank to Llangoed Hall. It was very nice and everyone loved me. I stayed up late on Sunday night but was still first down for breakfast (with dad in tow) the next Morning. My high chair was waiting for me and I proceeded to litter the floor with weetabix and toast. I had great fun.

No comments: