Thursday, April 02, 2009

Fantasy Baseball Notes

This weekend sees the start of the baseball season when the ‘boys of summer’ return. As usual, I’ll be rooting for the Boston Red Sox, watching as many games as possible via my TV subscription to ESPN America.

As well as watching the TV coverage when time permits, I also have a fantasy baseball team, where I’m usually in a league with a bunch of people who know much more about this stuff than I do.

Anyway, the draft is over, and my team for 2009 (Ava’s Red Sox) is:

C Bengie Molina (SF)
1B Prince Fielder (Mil)
2B Chone Figgins (LAA)
3B Aubrey Huff (Bal)
SS Alexei Ramirez (CWS)
OF Ryan Braun (Mil)
OF Carl Crawford (TB)
OF Vernon Wells (Tor)
U Milton Bradley (ChC)

Bench Ryan Therriot (ChC), Billy Butler (KC)

SP Cole Hamels (Phi), Scott Kazmir (TB), Carlos Zambrano (ChC),
Javier Vazquez (Atl), John Maine (NYM)
RP Brian Fuentes (LAA), Mike Gonzalez (Atl), Brandon Lyon (Det),
George Sherrill (Bal)

DL Justin Duchscherer (Oak)

I reckon the batting line-up is pretty good, but I’m a little concerned about the rather fragile pitching. We’ll see.

No comments: