Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Ava's Diary

Here’s a flavour of what I’ve been up to in the last few weeks.

I am now sitting up on my own, and while I can’t actually crawl, I get around a bit on my hands and one knee and one foot. And then I roll over and have to start again.

My newest party tricks are clapping my hands and pointing (not at the same time).

I was ill a couple of weeks ago. I had a bout of thrush, a yeast infection in my mouth. Mam took me to casualty at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital, and then the next day to my GP, Dr Gail. Just to prove that I wasn’t faking anything, I threw up over Dr Gail. I recovered after mam gave me some strawberry flavoured stuff and lots of cuddles.

I’ve spent a couple of weekends down in Swansea with nanna and grandpa. The first time mam and dad were both sick with a stomach bug (nanna called it the Bonymaen cottage hospital). The second time mam and dad went down to Tresaith to winterise the caravan, and I stayed with grandpa to watch Wales on TV.

At the crèche, we are in the middle of rehearsals for the Christmas concert. I am playing the part of a star. Mam has made me a starry, sparkly outfit and she is determined that I will be the best star in the show. She reckons I look like Diana Ross. Two concerts were originally planned, but due to demand another show has been added for grandparents. I’ll report on how the concert goes next week.

No comments: