Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rugby Notes

I was down with a particularly bad strain of manflu on the weekend, so I didn’t get to see Ebbw Vale’s 0-8 defeat at Bedwas.

Amongst the comments on the supporters’ forum was…

“On my entrance ticket it said ‘Admit one adult to view rugby’. I reckon I can sue under the trade descriptions act because I certainly didn't see any rugby yesterday. In fact, that has to go down as one of the worst games I have ever seen. Talk about two poor sides.”

It sounds like a good one to have missed.

There’s more, if you can bear it, on The Steel Daffodil’s blog, from where I nicked the photo.

Team: Andrew McLaughlan, Ieuan Coombes, Kristian Owen (c), Aaron Bramwell, James Lewis; Dai Langdon, Ieuan Evans; Aaron Coundley, Richard Wilkes, Marc Jones; Jonathan Griffirhs, Matthew Griffin; James Thomas, Rhys Jenkins, Rhys Williams. Subs: Mathew Williams, Anthony Lott, Nick Eaves, Gavin Lucas, Llyr Lane, Shaun Powell, Andrew Bevan.

Scorers: er, nope, not a single one.

No comments: